Author: Scott O'Malley
Fouled skies, filthy waters, and a littered earth were among the reasons legendary newsman Walter Cronkite referenced for the founding of the first inaugural Earth Day back on April 22, 1970 in his evening news broadcast. Since that day, Earth Day happens each year on April 22nd. And while we’ve undoubtedly accomplished much since that foundational day 52 years ago, we most certainly have a long way to go.
This year the theme for Earth Day, according to the website www.earthday.org, is EARTH DAY 2022 INVEST IN OUR PLANET. The global organization is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement and works with more than 150,000 partners in 192 countries across the globe to “drive positive action for the planet”.
This year, its stated goals are to ACT (boldly), INNOVATE (broadly), and IMPLEMENT (equitably). And ALL of us, ALL IN! Business, governments, and citizens – everyone accounted for, and everyone accountable. A partnership for the planet.
At Dynacom, we believe in doing our small part. Our in-office recycling program spearheaded by yours truly and our scrap metals recycling program led by Larry Smith are small examples. But we also have an impact on our planet by choosing to partner with companies that put a high value on things like the health and well-being of their employees and partners and families, long-term sustainability, environmentally-friendly manufacturing, the overall impact of their carbon footprint, ways that they can give back to their local communities, and myriad other “planet-friendly”-focused actions and activities.
Manufacturers that we work with each day that absolutely make a difference would include:
- Moffitt Corporation – Natural Ventilation Solutions for Industry – get rid of excess heat and/or smoke, add daylight, cool, bring in fresh, outside air, all naturally, without additional power consumption in most cases.
- Parker & Air Quality Engineering – electronic air cleaners that use all-aluminum, washable, reuseable filter elements for the collection of submicronic mists and smokes. Stop sending all of those disposable filters to the landfill!
- Crucial, Inc. – belt and rope mop oil skimmers, oil containment booms, oil spill response.
- Nordfab Ducting – manufacture a sustainable, Quick-Fit ducting product that is easily reused. Nordfab is also in the process of adding a rooftop solar array to manufacture in a far more sustainable way. The new array will cover roughly 47% of the estimated energy consumption at their North Carolina manufacturing location and will also reduce their carbon footprint by 1,004 metric tons! This is the equivalent of taking 218 passenger cars off the road or the energy needed to power 121 homes for a year.
Interested in learning more? Visit www.earthday.org today and TAKE ACTION!
Key blog takeaways
- Earth Day is April 22
- The goal of the day is to think about how to better the planet overall
- What action can you take right now to move things forward?
Contact us for assistance
If you have a question, need information or would just like to chat with us, feel free to drop us a line.
If you're in need of technical product assistance on existing equipment, please contact us by phone as you will get a response more quickly: (440) 543-1900. Thank you.
"*" indicates required fields